What am I supposed to do in times like these?

I'm really messed up right now. Not like, really, really bad - I'm not crying all over the place or anything. I just constantly think about something that's about to make me cry for the first time since I'm telling someone - You. If you're reading.

The boyfriend of one of my (really) good friends has been missing for about three days now. And, I'm not going to say I don't like him, but I didn't really approve of him. He's a good enough guy to talk to, but he's one of the ones who acts a bit stupid, you know? Everyone knows a few people like that, right?

The thing is, he and his buddies (including my friend) were wading in a creek in town. And it's been raining a lot here in Missouri lately, so the water was up. He went under to check it out, reached back for someone, and they both got sucked through a culvert. From what I've heard, the other guy saw Cory (the missing one) come back up for air once and shout for help. Now, he's in the hospital with internal bleeding, but Cory is missing.

I was spending the night with a different friend when I heard, and then earlier today her cousin came in and said they found a body - so there was some sort of closure for a while. But when I was on the way home, on the radio it said they were still searching. So now, I'm a bit mad at being fed the wrong information, but also wondering whether she got the truth from someone else who's close to him and it hasn't been released to the public yet.

I don't know what I should feel, or how I should act. This will be the second person we've lost from my grade since I started high school, and it's really messing with me.

Does anyone out there know what to do in times like this?
June 19th, 2010 at 04:31am