A great man left my life today. [couple questions.]

Kirsty,
You are a pupil I will always remember. It's been great to see you develop over the years. I'm glad you share my enthusiasm for books and music. I wish I could write with your flair. Good luck fo the future. Keep gigging!"


My English teacher of four years has officially left my life today. He is going to teach at another school, as I'm guessing he doesnt want to be stuck in tin cans for the next two years (my high-school is getting redecorated, the council has built a "village" on our hockey pitch). Over the duration of my teenage years, he has influenced many of my decisions and choices I had to make. He probably knows me better than anyone else in that school, and he was the one who discovered my talent for writing, help me realise my passions. We could have spoke for hours, debated for hours. given the opportunity. He gave me a note, with must-read books, must-hear music and must-see movies on it, as well as the handwritten part at the top of this journal. I will make sure to read every word of every book, listen to every note of every song, and watch every scene of every movie he has recommended. I love how he is a grown man, an English teacher with a degree, yet he wishes he could write like a fifteen-going-on-sixteen year old. Now that, that made me proud.

Mr Hotchkiss, thank you for everything you have done for me. I am eternally grateful to have had you as a teacher, and if I hadn't I'm not sure I'd be where I am today, who I am today. I will miss you.

So today, a great man left my life. But I am not sad, rather, I am relieved to say he was in my life to leave it. I do regret not telling him half of the above though. I hope he knows how he influenced me.

Questions:
1. Firstly, how was your day?
2. When does school finish where you are?
3. Has anyone, like Mr Hotchkiss to me, ever influenced you?
4. Have you ever lost anyone who did influence you?


--

Thanks again Mr H.

kirst
xo
June 21st, 2010 at 06:20pm