Another Rant and Questions

I enjoy ranting. Other than that I'm really actually interested in knowing the answer to this. This rant goes out to all those people who say "I need 5 stars before I write the next chapter!" or "I need 8 comments before I post the next part!" So here is my question for you guys and prepare yourselves it's a hard one. Why? Why do you people write? Because looking at your obnoxious requests for feedback you really and honestly don't write for the fun of it, do you? I know what it's like to get a comment or a star, I'm a writer too. But as a reader I promise that if I have something to say about your chapter I will comment about on it and if I feel that it is worth a vote I swear I will give it that vote. There's no need to insist because you know what that gets you? Comments like 'Alex is soooooo hot' or 'I love your story' and those are real sweet but there is no effort. Wouldn't it be nice if instead of a thousand 'I love your story' comments you got some 'I love your story because it's origional and I love your character Alex because he really does care for Alexis but maybe you should try it in Alex's point of view because some times I'm really not certain if he loves her or he's just pulling her leg' okay that was pretty bad but you get what I mean! It's thought out, it's helpful you can make a note in the back of your head telling yourself to write the story in Alex's point of view. It's more then a simple 'I love your story' because they're chosing to write it, instead of being forced.
So here are my questions:
Why do you write and which kind of comments would you prefer?
June 22nd, 2010 at 09:36pm