Look out, poor ones, George is coming for you.

God I hate Tories.

They are judgemental, small-minded, elitist pigs and they have no idea what they're going to do to this country.

First of all, I think this budget is a disgusting, blatant attack on the people of this country who have struggled to support themselves, and/ or their children, despite having regular jobs, regardless of what these may be.

I have lived in private, rented accomadation my whole life, and because of this, there have been times when we have had literally no money. This is not because my parents have had to call on income support, it is simply because Margaret Thatcher privatised the housing system.

Now, this has not affected either Mr. Clegg or Mr. Cameron in their lives, both were educated at elitist private schools and have incredibly wealthy families.

I'm not talking about the extremes, who have been the topic for conversation and the main attacking point from the opposition of the Tories. (By this I mean the single parents with three kids on less than £10,000 a year, or the pensioners who have worked all their lives.)
I'm talking about the people in the no-man's land of earning.

We always appear to be forgotten about, there's no consideration for the young parents with two kids who are trying to get by; it seems as though, because we do okay, we don't need help from income support, or the NHS. My parents were 20 and 23 when I was born, and, until last year, my mother never used any government benefits. She had to last year, but all my life, she has worked, and payed her taxes, and she deserves to be able to call on the government (elected BY the people FOR the people, yes?) for support when she needs it.
I'm diabetic, and I have to get a new prescription at least twice a month. I won't be able to afford it if it costs £50 a pop to go and see the doctor.

£50?

It's riddiculous. Aneurin Bevan did not start the revolutionary healthcare service simply to see it torn down by a group of greedy, fat-cat toffs who have never struggled to feed themselves. I feel ashamed to be living in a country where such disregard for fellow humans is allowed to happen.

Perhaps I sound petulant when there are countried where people are murdered everyday, but this is such an unemphatic, blatant judgement on, for the most part, decent and honest people, that I feel it needs to be said. I just can't believe we're back here again, it feels like we went a few steps forward and 25 years back. I just hope that by the time it's over, people will have woken up to their idiocy, and that it won't be too late to change things.

It's only going to get worse, but next time, I hope we get another Bevan.
June 23rd, 2010 at 05:00pm