What do you do when there's a fire? Post it on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr. +questions

Today, I was lying down on my couch downstairs reading a book and dozing off a little, and my sister was upstairs cleaning her room.

I then felt the couch shaking. I thought it was my sister upstairs or something, but then after my sister calls me upstairs, telling me her bed was shaking and her water bottle fell off the table. She told me it was an earthquake.

Immediately I started calling my mom, my dad, my aunts, everyone. I sat outside for 15 minutes, just in case of an aftershock. Then two hours later when I was relaxed a little, I called my friend who had apparently slept through it.

She told me about the Facebook groups that were made within the two hours that the earthquake had happened, and how everyone's status was something like "WTF, 2012!!!"

Um... Am I missing something here?

If something like that happened, shouldn't you be protecting yourself, or calling your mothers and fathers, seeing if everyone okay, and/or PRAYING?

The last thing on my mind was writing something on my status, or tweeting that I was just in an earthquake.

Anyways, that was just really bizarre to me, I felt I had to post it somewhere.

Questions:
1. Have you ever been in an earthquake? If so, what were you doing when it happened?
2. What would you do if you were in an earthquake?
3. What do you think about Facebook groups/ fan pages? (They piss me the hell off.)
June 23rd, 2010 at 10:34pm