June 22, 2010

Today I went to the Sonisphere concert on the big screen. The thrash Big 4 are back and better than ever.

Anthrax started with lead singer Joey Belladonna sounding as good as he did 20 years ago. They played songs like "Caught in a Mosh" and "I am the Law" among others. They included a Dio song.

Megadeth was next with David Ellefson back on bass. They played my songs "Sweating Bullets" and "In My Darkest Hour". They included "Hanger 18, "Holy Wars", and "Peace Sells" also.

Slayer were third with Tom Araya flashing his megawatt smile every few minutes. They played hits including "Reign in Blood" and "Angel of Death".

Metallica closed the show. They played so many hits. They included "Cyanide", "Battery", and "Master of Puppets" in the set. At the end James kept taking his guitar off and putting it back on. He finally put it back on, the whole band reappeared, and they sang "Seek and Destroy".

During Metallica's set they invited everyone else out to sing Diamond Head's "Am I Evil" together.

In between Slayer and Metallica's sets Dave Mustaine, Lars Ulrich, Scott Ian, and Kerry King shared stories about Ronnie James Dio. First words about what happened flashed on the screen, all the guys talked, and then they ended it by showing Birthdate-Deathdate.

According to the bands a DVD will be available of this concert.

On a unrelated note if anyone could find the words to a song called "Black Apples" by a band called Trashlight Vision (every lyric site I looked at did not have the full lyrics)
June 26th, 2010 at 03:49am