Things I like to do when I'm bored beyond belief: Books

Oh, the joy of words on paper. Reading is something I like to do when I'm bored beyond belief because you can cuddle up in blankets on your bed and lose yourself in literature.

My favorite books of all time are:
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. We had to read this book as a class in 8th grade, and I loved it. I love the story of friends going through hardship. Misunderstood teenagers: A lot of us can relate to that. "Stay Gold, Ponyboy." "*sob*"

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King. This book this creepy as well as captivating. You feel for the brave 10 year old girl lost in the woods. Her hero, Tom Gordon, is all she has to keep her going as she listens to the Red Sox game on her Walkman. Some creepy events that would have me pissing my pants happen, and soon the batteries in her Walkman die. She imagines that Tom Gordon is there with her, helping her to find her way home. This book is one that you can just imagine as your reading it. Second best to a movie. You get to make up your own screenplay.

The Shining by Stephen King: Better than the movie (books usually are). This book scared me, but made me want to keep reading at the same time. I love it.

Be More Chill by Ned Vizzini. This book is a great teen book. You wanna be cool, kid? Just take this pill called "Squip." and you will be.

Then, my favorite author is Stephen King. He can write so many genres, and write them well. As I've mentioned, I love The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon and The Shining, but I also love: Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, The Body, The Langoliers, and Pet Semetery.

I do admit, I loved The Twilight Saga, just as many other teen girls. I don't much like them anymore, because of all the hype, but sometimes I love to pick them up and re-read them for that good old nostalgic feeling. Ahh.

The Uglies Is another series I sort of liked. I haven't finished the series, but I finished the first 3. They were very original, not like other books.

Other miscellaneous books I really liked were: Exit here, Initiation, The Queen of Everything, Skinny, and Uncle John's Bathroom Reader. ;)

Your favorites? Elaborate! I want to know :D
Stay Gold,
-Error
June 27th, 2010 at 12:47am