I miss Homestar Runner. Local "scene" around N.Ireland + questions.

Homestar Runner broke up today. A small band from Dublin, who I have been a fan of since 2007. They've been a favourite of mine. It's quite sad. I just can't even.
First it was Bob leaving HSR, then Vinny leaving Steer Clear, then Steer Clear breaking up, then Jimmy Sullivan died, then Bob left My Chemical Romance and now Homestar Runner.
Ofcourse there was months and maybe a year seperating them.

And of course, they've all got their reasons and that's cool. But it's still pretty sad. Most people won't even know who Steer Clear and Homestar Runner are, because they're just little local bands from Belfast and Dublin. But it was their little local gigs that made you love going to gigs, that made you get into the "local scene" and listen to awesome music.
And the bars and venues that small local bands and just small bands in general are getting shut down around here, because they're going into liquidation as they're owned by the same person. Soon there will be no small gigs and very few bands coming here.

1. Has a band you ever loved or knew broken up?
2. How did it make you feel?
3. Is or was there a local scene around you?
June 28th, 2010 at 04:12pm