Real Life is NOT a Fairytale

There are times when you think of yourself as a person from a fairytale, but sooner or later you will have to wake up and realize that you are in reality. When people are young and naïve, they believe everyone including themselves to sooner or later be married to a wonderful man/woman who will not cheat, have a successful job, and may have children someday, but not everything is as it seems.

Personal experience has given me a perspective that has shown me this. I thought that I was going to have a wonderful boyfriend and we will be together forever, but I was way off. He ended up asking me out while already having a girlfriend, told me that he loved me, and is still with her today. At one point he was so in love with this other girl that he put his status on MySpace as this: “I love (insert name here) with all my heart. I want to marry her but that’s what I am doing when I get back from downstate,” when he is only 14 years old.

Dreaming was the best part of this short relationship. In my dreams I could dream that we were on a real date, he could joke with me with his cute smile and he would end up kissing me. This part of the relationship was the best part, because I was completely satisfied and I could fall asleep knowing that I had a perfect relationship with someone I love, but then I woke up and it was reality. Dreaming allowed me to see what I thought was a fairytale in my head, but that also proves my point- real life is NOT a fairytale.

There will always be that part in a relationship that you hate the most. Mine was really bad. This was my first relationship, and the worst part is: when I get upset I get physically sick. My relationship didn’t necessarily have to end for the hurt and pain. It all started when my friends and his ex-girlfriend told me he was going out with someone else. Worry and confusion made me get upset. I felt like my heart was breaking into a million pieces and that the world was going to drop out of orbit or as I like to call it-waking up to reality.

In the end, well not exactly the end, but were I am now, I can’t decide how to finish this relationship. I love him and he loves me but, he is still with his girlfriend. Should I wait for him? Should I move on with my life, in hopes of finding someone new and better? All I know is that I want everyone else, who wants a boyfriend, to make sure to stay in reality and not in a fairytale because if you don’t, you will end up with a decision to make like me and most likely a broken heart. Real life is NOT a fairytale.
June 30th, 2010 at 01:49am