Honesty Is Not Always The Best Quality

There is a girl that I have known since I was little; she lives across the street from me. When we were younger our moms would set us up on play dates because she was convinced that we were going to be best friends. Only problem with the whole thing was that I didn’t like the girl and she wasn’t too fond of me either. And it is still the same today.

Weird being 16, almost 17 and having your mom still set you up on ‘play dates’. And it is hard to refuse my mom about anything because she has these huge innocent eyes, something I wasn’t graced with. And she always goes on about how worried she is that I will never have any friends. I am just not the friend type of person I suppose, and I do perfectly fine on my own.

My mom is the type of person that is still best friends with all of her college room mates. They are always hanging out and having fun. So now she is trying to force that institution down my throat and I am not enjoying it.

I understand she has good intentions but this girl is just really, really annoying. The thing is with me I am a very honest person. I won’t lie to you because I see no point in doing so. How would me lying be beneficial to anyone? So when ever we are forced to ‘hang out’ it usually consists of us going to the mall so I can watch her shop and maybe squeeze in some time at the book store.

And she is always asking how something looks on her and I will give my honest opinion. I don’t think she is used to people telling her something doesn’t look good on her because when ever I do she looks both pissed off and like she’s about to cry. I think that may be why we are not good friends; she needs someone to lie to her and I can only provide honesty. Not that she is ugly or anything, but she is no Aphrodite.

Mothers are cruel sometimes.

Questions:

1. Have you ever been ‘set up’ by your parents?
2. Do you have a best friend? Sometimes I think it would be nice to have one, but then again…
3. Are you an honest person?
4. Any stories for me to read?

Also if you can make banners or know of someone who can, could you please leave a comment here or pm me. I would be very grateful.
July 1st, 2010 at 06:52pm