Religion; The Accepted Insanity.

I am not writing this to offend anybody, just to state my opinion. I just find religion as more of a way for people to figure things out. Like, scientists say that the universe began with the "Big Bang," Christians try to explain it through the Bible. They spend their entire lives hooked on this one God that they cannot even prove exists. And I'm not trying to down any religion or make fun of anything, I'm just trying to say what I feel. So I was at church with my mom because she makes me and I was reading this thing in the Bible. The Ten Commandments. And if you pay close enough attention to almost ever religion, you'll notice that they all have "the Ten Commandments." or some other form of the ten rules which are all the same. They also have some form of God or 'holy creator.'

One thing that makes me mad about religion (Christianity in particular) is that there so many crimes and bad things that happen in this world that there's no reason for. Supposedly, "Adam and Eve" ate the fruit off of the Holy tree, so now the whole human race is punished ?! That's messed up and stupid. But if everything happens for a reason, why do women have miscarriages? Why are children and animals abused? And why do people get diseases? Would some supposedly "Wholesome," good figure let that happen? If he knew that they would've eaten from the tree, why didn't God just let them instead of telling them not to? Why didn't he say what was going to happen?

Now, getting back to the Bible and such. How do we really know WHO wrote it? It could've been a couple of guys who decided to write a book out of boredom and it became a religion. For all we know, all of the Bibles, Qurans, and other "Holy" books could all be the same, just written in another language. Which brings me to the whole language issue. Where did language come from? It could have been the tower of Babel or anything else. Different people have different languages because they were brought up in different place, and they had to have some way of communicating with each other.

Did it really take God seven days to create earth? Well, not how I see it. It says nothing about how the dinosaurs got here if the dinosaurs were here at all. In fact, on the sixth day, man was here. Dinosaurs were her sixty-five million years before man. They weren't even mentioned in the Bible, and some people say that they didn't exist. There's proof! How do you explain the fossils and all of the remains of what has deceased, but there's no evidence of a God ?!

And, I absolutely hate the people who say that gay people are immoral, and it's not religiously acceptable. If "God" didn't want homosexuals or bisexuals, why are they here? It's not a choice to be gay if you really are. It's been proven that it's a pat of your genes. In the Bible, it says that "God" loves everyone, but according to Christians, you can't just be accepted into Heaven, you have to prove yourself, and if "God" doesn't like or accept you, you won't get in.

If "God"has complete control of everything, why didn't get rid of "Satan" instead of helping him in his quest for world control? He wanted to be a God, and "God" is letting him.. If he's so Powerful, then why's he giving people a choice? He gave people their choice whether to believe or not, and the non-believers would be sent to hell. What if Hell is actually a better place than Heaven? What if God wanted to make himself look better than Satan, when he could pssibly be lying to everyone and he be like Satan is described in the Bible?

Like I said, I'm not trying to offend anyone or down a religion, All I'm trying to do is state my opinion from a more logical point of view, not create an argument.

There are no answers..
July 2nd, 2010 at 03:58am