The godlen snidget

So i thought I'd take a trip to www.Thewhompingwillow.com where they have all these name generators for beasts , elves and famous wizards and witches. I took the magical beast name generator thing and my name came up as "Glumbumble - The glumbumble is a grey, fury bodied flying insect that produces a melancholy-inducing tracle" I just thought that was such a great word. AS you may know by looking at my user name "hinkypunk" i do like names with a certain pizazz to them!

Of course i didn't just stop there i got loads of names such as the Jobberknoll , chizpurfle , nundu , golden snidget....Wait a second....Golden snidget? are they 'aving a laugh?! There are these things coming from anyway i don't remember all this in the book! That's it i have to look up this "Golden snidget"

"The golden snitch was originaly not a ball, but a little bird called a Golden snidget. It was introduced in 1269 when the chief of the wizarding council, Barberus Bragge, unleashed a golden snidget during a quidditch match, offering a reward of 159 galleons (now worth over a million galleons) to the player who caught the snidget.

150 points were given tot he team that caught the snidget. The snidget catching craze naturally harmed the birds population(as snidgets are very fragile birds , and a simple human grip is enough to crush them to death.)

A replacement for the Golden snidget was sought, and the skilled metal-charmer bowman wright invented the golden snitch to replace it" - Harry potter wiki

Well...now we know. This really is what i call reading between the lines of the story. Is this stuff official is what i want to know. It's official enough to be on Harry Potter wiki so that's good enough for me
July 2nd, 2010 at 04:05pm