L-O-V-E Is Just Another Word I Never Learned To Pronounce

Oh, how I love 3OH!3.

Anyways, on topic of why I'm writing this. Fair warning, if you consider yourself to be in love, you may want to go find some other journal to read. This won't be pretty for you. Now, onward to my opinion on this whole this.

Love is bullshit. Plain and simple.

Okay, maybe I can understand if you've been dating for several years or you aren't a young teenager. Then, I guess it could be real. But if you haven't known this person for years, then I don't believe your sappy shit.

Take, for example, my friend Austin and his girlfriend Kerri. To be fair, I may just not like them together due to the fact that I have a crush on Austin, but this would still sicken me even if I didn't. They are fourteen years old. They've only been dating for three days, six if you count the three days they dated last week before they broke up. Six days. And yet, already on their Myspace statuses, the both of them are talking about "only four more years."

My natural response, after getting my gag reflex under control, was a face palm. Seriously, they are fourteen. They probably haven't even known each other a month, and they're planning their marriage. This makes me want to buy a time machine so I do not have to share the same label - teenager - with them. What they share is a mixture of naivety, some genuine affection, and a love of love itself - not each other. And that's probably the case for every other kid on Myspace with "I love my baby!" and the date they got together (which is usually within the same month) plastered on their status.

In my experience, most of my friends' relationships last about two weeks. No lie. Now, I'm not excluded from this either - I haven't dated anyone for longer than three days since March - but damn it, at least I don't claim to be in love with someone I'm going to be over in two weeks. That word has gotten tainted. It used to mean something special, but now its used all over the world from teens with the need to prove something.

Now, I know it sounds like I just hate teenagers, but I hate love itself. Its so sickening, really, all of it. I'll probably go back on these words sometime in the future. I know that. But damn it, its ridiculous. Needing someone, or else you feel all empty inside? Who needs it? Not me, most definitely.

So maybe this is just a bitter, jealous thirteen-year-old girl's rant in anger over the fact that the guy she likes isn't saying these sweet words to her. That's entirely possible; I never claimed to not be cliche. But I'd like to think I have some point in here. Maybe.

Back to 3OH!3 now.
July 11th, 2010 at 04:38am