Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.We have all heard that statement before.But is it true?What about when the beholder is yourself?When I look in the mirror,I do not see beauty.I see imperfection.
Dull strawberry-blonde hair peeks out at the roots,the rest is whatever color I have put in recently.It will stay for a month or so,then I bleach it out and put in a new one.
When the hair is pulled away from my face,acne spots my forehead severly.
My eyebrows are okay,in need of a plucking.But that can be fixed easily.
Dull,lifeless,plain brown eyes.Happiness swirls in them at times,but when I am alone,the blank sets in,a void of emotion if you will.
Dark,purpleish-brown rings under the eyes.Won't go away.
The cheeks are pale,but spotted with many caramel freckles.Blackheads mix in,almost going unnoticed,but not entirely.The blackheads continue their path over my nose.A few freckles mix in,but not as many.The blackheads are very noticable.Prominent.More acne on my cheeks,sometimes small pimples on my nose as well.
Chapped,dry lips.Light pink,pale from lack of food and sleep.
Yellow teeth,from lack of care when I was younger.Small stains from medicines taken when sick during childhood.
Neck is spotted with excema.Not small rashes but large ones.Gross looking.
More excema on my chest.
V-neck shirt.Shows too much cleavage.Looks like a bit of a whore.
I suck in my stomach.But even though I can't tell through my shirt,I know that the fat is there.
That is where the mirror ends.
I step to the side and step onto the scale.I am afraid to look at the number because I know that I ate too much yesterday.
When I look down at the number,I cry.145.Too much.Today I wont eat.Because a skinny me,is a happy me.But I am not skinny yet.No where near it.
So tell me,Is the image in your mind right now beautiful?Is the girl you see in your head pretty?Would you want to be seen with her when you first met her?
Most of you will be honest with yourself,even if you do not want to be honest with me.
Your answers are-No.No.No.
Some of you will want to make yourself feel better,becausethat is what you see when you look in the mirror.You can relate.
Your answers are-Yes,Of course.Definitly.Sure.
Others cannot relate.They know nothing of this because they have always been naturally beautiful.
Their answers are-NO!Not at all.Yeah right.Like thats going to happen.
Then there are the people that I won't expect.Their answers are true,unique and entirely their own.There is no telling what they look like,But they are good people.I can't begin to specualte what their answers are.
Tell me.Is beauty realy in the eye of the beholder?Can a truly ugly girl be found truly beautiful by someone else?Is there even a real beautiful?Tell me what you think.
July 11th, 2010 at 10:37am