My day with Baano...

There is this six-year-old girl that comes to the summer camp I work at every weekday. She is probably one of the most rudest and disrespectful kids in the entire state....maybe even the entire world..

Her name is Baano (like the lead singer from U2 only spelled differently). She is definitely not like other kids that go to this camp, even the older kids that are ten through twelve behave a lot better than she does and have ten times more respect than she does and some of them are a little on the spoiled side.

Today I discovered that side of her and I'm not too proud of it. For the past two days I have been watching the youngest group and the kids in that group are from three to six, since we get very few young kids at those ages they can put more into a group. The group you're watching for the day always changes, but I have been with the same group two times in a row, which I'm fine with because I love the kids in every group (except for maybe a few but I never dare show it).

Baano, by the way it's pronounced ba (like the sound a goat makes) and no, if you didn't know that. Whenever she doesn't get what she wants she starts crying and screaming for what feels like forever. Like today she wanted to play with something and I told her she couldn't because it wasn't toy or something you should play with. So she ignores me and grabs it anyway. Then I walk over to her and tell I said no and to put it back instead of doing it so says no. When I got it out of her hands I put it back and she starts literally throwing a tantrum over it. She would not stop! I had to carry her to the lobby and have her sit there until she finally calmed down (which took about twenty minutes).

Later when all the kids were on this huge trampoline that the camp has, a few girls weren't so sure what Baanos name was, so they called her by another name that was close to baano but it sounded more like Ban-no. Then Baano corrected them and they said asked if they could call her by a nickname and Baano was like no! My name is Baano and ONLY Baano, followed by another tantrum. But this one was nothing compared to the previous one I just told you about.

Finally when her mom was suppose to come and pick her up, her mom got stuck at work and Baano had to stay a little later. Baano called her mom and was yelling at her to come and get her right now. This is was she said word for word 'Mama, you better get here right now! I mean right now like magic! You are suppose to be here and you're not! You better come here right now!' Then her mom must have said something about being patient and then Baano goes 'Patience is not important! I'm important! BAANO IS IMPORTANT!' Then her mom must have said somehting about being at work and then Baano said: 'Work is not important! I'm important and you better come here NOW!' Finally when Baano goes to hang up the phone she says 'She's so mean!' and hits the phone down. I have never seen something that before in my entire life. If I dare ever talk to my mom like that she would probably grab me by my hair out of that place and god only knows what my punishment would be..

The worst part is that her mom lets her talk to her like that! could you believe that?

EDIT: Sorry this is so long...There are a few other things but I figured this is already long enough.
July 14th, 2010 at 04:01am