I was Flying

I closed my eyes and I was flying. Reality forgotten. I was lighter than air, flying through diamonds passing endless rivers and forever forests. A wonderland of my very own. Untouched land not seen with a human eye. Here I was floating passed as an angel.
My feet touched soft beds of grass. The blades wrapped by ankles and weaved through my toes. Flowers of every colour kissed my legs, rubbing against me as the wind blew. The branches of the trees reached to pull me closer, like a lost child to its mother. Everything begging me to stay, to not wake up.
My feet walked without direction, the grass cushioning them. Warm wind whispered its secrets passed my open ear and through my summer hair. The kissing flowers tickled me as I brushed by them.
The wind whispered to the waterfall, bowing its scent around me. A jay landed on my shoulder. Clean blues danced around me, wrapping me in he pedals the flowers gave away. Autumn set in its violets and reds. Making the trees look like a flame.
“Go to the river,” The jays old me.
“I have to go,” I told them. “My place is not here”
“It could be,” The wind told me.
They lead me to the waterfall. Emerald grass, sapphire water with silver diamonds glittering around it. I let my hand drop into the water. It wasn’t wet, nor cold, there was no feeling. Just like air in a storm, pushing past me as I the planets before.
“Drink,” The rocks told me.
I obeyed, cupping my hands and thinking I would be unable to catch air, yet I did. I put my lips to my hands and let the airy water slip down to my stomach. Cold and sweet.
“Stay.” They told me. “Don’t leave us”
July 16th, 2010 at 07:00pm