How to Capture a Pokemon

Imagine, all your life you dreamed of having your very own Pikachu. Yet the one chance you have to get one, you fail because you don’t know how to use a poke-ball. It’s a lot more complex than pushing a button, tossing it, and then praying that it works. With just a few steps you will be a great collector and owner of any pokmon you want.
Before starting, you must know the rules of capturing a pokemon.
1.You may not capture a pokemon owned by another trainer. This will result in police questioning, a fine, and most likely loss of your trainer license.
2.Don’t count on your poke-ball working every time. There’s only one kind that will work without fail, the master ball. This poke-ball should only be use on legendary pokemon. Using it on common pokemon would be a complete waste.
3.Know what kind of poke-balls you have, and what they can do. Some poke-balls work best against certain type of pokemon. Some will do better if the pokemon is weak or if used in the beginning of an encounter. Few work best in different land types, such as rocky, caves, snow, and water.

In this example we shall be capturing a wild Pikachu (Lv. 2) in a grassy area with a regular poke-ball. In the example you will also have another pokemon, Snorlax (Lv. 3). Having another pokemon is helpful so you can weaken the wild pokemon in order to capture it easily. This works because the pokemon does not have enough energy to fight against the poke-ball.
Encounter happens in tall grass. Pikachu appears out of nowhere, and you have a chance to capture it. Send out your Snorlax by pressing the button in the middle of its poke-ball. A red beam will shoot out and Snorlax will be standing in front of you ready to fight. To command your pokemon, shout a command of a move that it has learned. Example- “Snorlax use tackle on the wild Pikachu.” Though pokemon will hardly ever attack a human, make sure that it does know where to send its attack.
Snorlaxs attack hits; the wild Pikachu falls down and cant get up. Do not worry, you have not killed the pokemon, it is only weakened. If you knock out a wild pokemon, your pokemon will be sent back into its poke-ball. If you try to capture a knocked out pokemon, your poke-ball will not do anything. They cannot capture a fainted pokemon. The Pikachu is still on ground, now is your chance to capture it before it gets back up. Reach into your bag and pull an empty poke-ball. Press the button in the middle, like you did release your Snorlax, and toss it so that it lands beside the pokemon you wish to capture. A red beam will flow out from the poke-ball and cover the wild Pikachu, sending it into the empty poke-ball. After that, the poke-ball will rock back and forth three times, and then you should hear a click. This click means that the wild Pikachu was captured and now belongs to you.
July 16th, 2010 at 07:04pm