Madina Lake Writes Amazing Songs About Loss

So, breaking up has me down, and I want to know that someone else knows what I'm going through. So I turn on my Ipod, and "In Another Life" by Madina Lake comes on. I listened to it, and realized that alot of their songs are about loss.

So now I'm listening to them over and over, and I feel much better, and I think I can forgive her. I have my cousin saying all sorts of ugly things about her, but I find myself defending her. I know what went wrong, and it was alot my fault. She is too much younger than me, and I was pushing her into something she isn't ready for yet.

I'm sorry I treated her like that, and I'm sorry I skrewed up my relationship with her. For months now, I've been missing my best friend, because she's been so cold lately. But I know I went to far emotionally for me to be able to go back to being "just friends."

I wish we could have talked this out, and I would have been more reasonable. I wish so much would have turned out differently. I'm sorry I've messed so much up for both of us. I'm just sorry all of this ever happened. I knew we should have waited, but I couldn't hold myself back. I'm sorry I treated you the way I did, and I'm sorry I treated your friends badly, and I'm sorry I've been so overpowering, and I'm sorry I drew your mom's attention back to your sexuality. I'm sorry for so much.

But the point of this journal is that Madina Lake songs have made me realize this, and realize that the fault isn't all hers.
July 21st, 2010 at 07:10am