Commercials Meant to Trick Stupid People

Okay, I just wanted to vent about two commercials I have seen that are stupid as anything. One of them is even meant to trick stupid people!

The first is really not meant to trick stupid people, but I had a funny thought after I saw it. It was a commercial about compensation for being hurt by medication. The person who was speaking was like 'if you have experienced medical difficulties or death as a result of this product, you may be entitled to compensation'.

WELL... that lead me to thinking 'hey... it's always nice to receive compensation if you are dead. The dead get really riled up when it comes to receiving money they will never see nor use'. Yeah yeah... I am fully aware that they meant compensation to the families, but I just thought the wording was weird when it said 'if you have experienced death YOU may be entitled to compensation'.

The second makes me laugh just thinking about it... in fact, I am chuckling right now. It's a commercial for a motion sensor soap dispenser... if you wave your hand in front of it, soap shoots out onto your hand.

THIS was their argument for the necessity of this product:

"Are you aware that there are hundreds of bacteria on your soap pump?"

This commercial actually made me think that they were deliberately calling me an idiot. Do they think that anyone within their right mind would fall for something as stupid as that?

IF you somehow are not getting what is wrong with this picture, I will now spell it out for you:

Why does it matter if there are bacteria on your soap pump? The purpose of using a soap pump is to get soap so you can wash the bacteria off your hands, so if you are using the soap pump to get soap and it has bacteria on it, you will just begin washing it off in about... eh... three or four seconds and finish washing off the bacteria you acquired from your soap pump in about twenty seconds. It especially doesn't matter when you are using your home bathroom, cause not too many people would be using it.

This just shows the stupid shit that companies tell people as excuses to make a completely useless product and try and sell it to people who are naive and oblivious to everything. I'm fourteen and I realized what they were trying to do. But I gave them an 'A' for effort trying to manipulate idiots.
July 22nd, 2010 at 11:18pm