The Bring Mibba Back Awards 2010 - Vote?

I didn't even know someone was doing this until one of my favorite authors (and a really good person, too) told me she was nominated and asked for me to vote. So, naturally, I have, and I want to ask anyone else who likes fantasy, elves, and magic to give it a chance.

Witness Protection Program by wanderingballoon is one of my favourite mibba stories ever, and it's an original fiction, which only gives it more brownie points in my book because Fan-Fictions are all you ever find anymore (and no, I'm not being overly critical, I have a few myself, but I write originals as well).

So, if you like fantasy, please check it out and vote for her! She's eight votes behind right now...but she'll put up two new chapters of the Witness Protection Program Sequel (which is really a prequel) if she wins AND a new chapter of an equally amazing story of hers, Help! I'm Housing a Hero, which is about a superhero that is simply called Hero.

The link: http://www.bmba.helloxbeautiful.com/

That's beside the point, though. I'm not going to say I don't like any of the other stories on the list of nominees, simply because I haven't read them and I don't really have time because I have so many things I'm trying to keep updating, and so many subscriptions I have to spend HOURS at the computer if a virus crashes it for just two weeks, just so I can catch up...lol.

Erin (wanderingballoon) is a really great person to talk to as well, and I think she deserves to win, simply because she is an amazing author and person. I may be biased because fantasy is THE must-read genre to me...but she is excellent. Give her stories a chance, yeah?

Anyway, I've got a question for anyone who knows about the BMBA's: they're the Bring Mibba Back Awards, right? So does that mean it's not just ME who thinks that less people are staying here than there used to be...?

I know there are less originals than when I first started getting on - after all, there are some that are incorrectly marked as Original or True when they're fanfics, and it annoys me to some extent.

Well, thanks for reading, if you've done so. XD
July 27th, 2010 at 03:32am