A day that just makes you go....

AHHHHHHHH.... with a question mark at the end...

You want to scream bloody murder and rant and break some things simply because the day wore you out and you're angry, yet...you can't help but feel like the day somewhat made you feel more alive.

Its never felt so good to actually be able to discuss my beliefs on certain subjects without being attacked. On facebook I went through a whole mess of things simply because a girl didn't like what I was saying. She was one side of the extreme, while I was (not quite the other side) but still pretty far on the other side of the spectrum. Yet, here I can say what I feel and actually debate. There are people making VALID points. There are people that aren't attacking me for having a kid, and that's pretty inspiring to me. They have every opportunity to be nasty, they can 'bend' the rules and be extremely snarky and rude, but they choose not to. It gives me hope for the human race.

Then, there's the part of the day that makes you want to scream. I've 'always' had certain problems with kids who don't get punished. I'm not one for abuse, but I got spanked. I never thought that was abusive. A firm pat on the butt and a time out and I was good. I hate seeing kids running rampant, with their parents just LETTING THEM DO IT! If your kid is throwing boxes of cereal in the aisle of the Wal-Mart, something is wrong. I NEVER acted like that, and neither did my brothers, nor any of my friends. Would someone care to explain to me what's happening with the age group of ohhh, say 4 to 13?

Also, with my boyfriends relative being one of these little kids, I always acted my best when I wanted something. I always listened, and I knew what was decent. I wore shoes in public. (One rule this child broke) When everyone else is quiet I was always quiet. (Screaming in the social security office and moaning because he was hungry...we had just ate) Running around and getting the security guard to give us dirty looks. I always knew when to watch my mouth. (Screaming at his mother because she wouldn't stop, even going so far as to slap MY laptop that he was using to show his distaste.) Yet, I'm the bad person for asking my boyfriend to correct him since he doesn't listen to me. I'm told I'm an awful person because that kid has had a hard life. Well, I didn't exactly have it all that easy, I've been through some pretty serious shit, but I never even considered acting like that in public. He listens to NO ONE, and my boyfriends family refuses to correct it. He'll scream and cry until he gets his way. I feel like this is going to bite me in that ass later, but I know his family disrespects me when I'm not around.

I hate to moan and groan, but come on. There's 'kids being kids,' and there's '8 year old throwing himself on the floor and crying because he wants MORE fast food and the stranger told him he couldn't play the game full blast.'

Basically, my day was hell, with a sweet side. Sure feels good to get some of this out...
July 27th, 2010 at 07:54am