Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan

I wrote the most beautiful journal entry tonight.
I was talking about how Jimmy's passing has effected me on such a deep level.
I felt really close to him, even though I'd only met him once. When you meet the A7X guys, they make you feel like more than fans. They make you feel like you're family. And since Jimmy died, I feel like I've lost a family member. I love Jimmy. And the passing of him has made my idol, Matt Sanders, crumble. And when someone's idol falls, they fall with them. Thinking about Matt crying makes Jimmy's death that much harder for me. The people that I thought were so tough and hard have broken down about this more times than I have and that upsets me greatly.
But then I realized something else. Jimmy's passing has brought the band and its fans(FAMILY) closer together. And we will all pull through.
This is a direct quote from what I wrote:
"But through the nightmare, we must pull. The passing of Jimmy was like a slap in the face, and wake up call. Carpe diem. They had it right. Seize the day. I seize every second. Life has an end and nobody can avoid it. Jimmy taught me that. I love him. And I'd thank him if I could. But I'll see him again. And I bet he'll be surrounded by beautiful girls and booze. Haha. I'll have to join in the merriment.
Through the pain, we will pull through. All of us. Avenged Sevenfold and their huge family will pull through. We'll come out of it better and stronger, just like Jimmy would want."

-Vanna
July 29th, 2010 at 07:00am