My First Kiss Went a Little Like This...

And twist! Haha, I couldn't resist. But this little memento was posted along with some advice here.

My first kiss... Haha, I laugh when I recall it, but my boyfriend at the time and I had been kissing each other's cheeks and all that for weeks before we actually made lip-to-lip contact. There were plenty of silent moments we both were contemplating filling with our first kiss, but I was inexperienced and far too nervous to be the one to initiate, and he—I later found out—felt the same way (it was the only thing I can remember that ever made him nervous). We talked about it, teased each other for never doing it on instinct, but eventually the day came.

We were hanging out with my friend in her "rape van" and my boyfriend texted her (without my knowledge) to give us a few minutes; she excused herself to "call a friend" outside at a reasonably distant bus stop. I was too preoccupied to notice the set-up, but it was dark and I felt so comfortable in his toned arms that it was only natural I felt appreciative of the alone time. At one point in our alone time he tilted my head up and looked into my eyes like he was searching for something. I knew he wanted to kiss me but I dismissed it like I always did and looked down when I felt my cheeks start to flush, but he was persistent and went in for it anyway, catching me totally by surprise. You would have been shocked too if someone was trying to shove his tongue down your throat (and mind you, I was also nom-ing on a piece of Wrigley's 5 Gum). I matched his movements for a few seconds, but I couldn't keep up anymore and parted with a smile spread across my face. When I finally looked back up, he was smiling too.
July 29th, 2010 at 12:18pm