Depression hurts

Depression : (definition) An illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts, that affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one feels about oneself, and the way one thinks about things.
Everyone notices the simple signs: lack of interest / appetite, always at some point having feelings of emptiness, sadness, or anxiousness, social withdrawal, and even insomnia. (Not to mention there is much more than just these.)
The point is that, beyond these symptoms, no one really seems to notice when a loved one is just tired, having a bad day, or upset about something to notice when it is depression. I'm pointing out something that in most people festers inside someone, and the feelings they experience they may go through alone.
Depression can affect everyone. It has no target it prefers: race, gender, age, etc. do not matter to it. It is a problem people leave unsolved, including the person often feeling depressed, and it pains them into newer, more dangerous feelings of depression.
Depression hurts us all, and it's something we can notice when someone we love is affected by these feelings.

Remember, even if you think someone is fine: ASK. They may not answer you with "Yes, I'm depressed," but having someone care MAY make them open up that people ARE there to help them.
July 30th, 2010 at 04:13am