I'm sick but happy? [I'll explain once you click here.]

I haven't been online in like a week or two. So I'm happy to be back on! But that's not what I'm really happy about. Get ready because It's story time but I'm not going to get too detailed...It all started yesterday....

(Just so you're not confused: Monday through Friday I help out at this summer camp.)

After everyone had lunch I was doing something with the kids and all the sudden I felt so sick that I couldn't stand up straight. Even on my knees I would fall down, failing to keep my balance. The only thing I saw was the whole room spinning around me. Like have you ever spun around really fast and then just stopped and watched everything spin around? Well that's exactly what I saw only it lasted for what felt like forever! Eventually I felt really nauseous, ran to the bathroom and threw up several times. When I came out my friend, Laura asked me if I was okay and said I looked really pale. Then the lady at the front desk saw how sick I looked she made me call my dad to come and pick me up immediately. So I did and while I was waiting for him I threw up again another several times (Sorry if I'm grossing you out! The gross part is almost over.). On my way home I had the worst case of hiccups ever! I was literally jumping out of my sit. It felt like there was some kind of earthquake going on in my body! When I got home I threw up...again (It's over) and then past out. A few hours later I woke up and my stomach hurt so badly. But I got through it as best as possible. Then Last night I felt great I was so sure I was going to go back to work tomorrow.

Boy, was I wrong!

I woke up this morning feeling like I did when I woke up from my little "nap" yesterday. I feel a little better but I still have to watch what I eat. The only thing I've been eatting is toast because my stomach is still really sensitive so even though it hurts after I eat it's the only thing that I can hold down. But I feel like I need some real food like an actual meal.

Don't worry though things get better. I got a call today from the camp and the person that was in the office told me that a parent brought me a thing of chocolate yesterday when they came to pick up their kids (they have twin 5-year-old girls, nicole and riana) after I went home early. The parents brought it for me as a thank you because the girls love me so much. When they found out today what happened and why I wasn't there when they came yesterday they felt so bad and said they would bring it for me Monday and hope I would feel better. When I heard that it totally made my day!! Because the kids at this camp love me more than anyone else there and these kids actually go home and tell there parents about me! I don't know if you understand how happy that makes me feel! That phone call by far made my day and I couldn't be happier. It's nice to know that these kids love me as much as I love them. Right now the only thing I can say is You know what? I don't care anymore! Who cares if my stomach hurts and I have to live off of toast for god only knows how long! I'm happier than I have ever felt in a long time! :)
July 31st, 2010 at 04:28am