Guilty Pleasures (What's In A Name)

People never know what to think of me. I’m not much of a talker and people think I’m shy, insecure, so I must be boring. They think I’m a typical Rocker. Stud belt, converse all star, carrying my mp3player with me everywhere I go.

Most of my friends are guy friends, which works out just fine for me. But since a year or two I have a group of girlfriends I hang out with and do typical girl stuff with like: shopping, movie nights, boy talk and so on. We are four totally different girls, which makes our friendship so awesome.

Last week I was goofing around and talking with one of the girls and we talked about our friendship. She told me that she was very surprised about me. Because first I was the shy girl who didn’t say much at work (we know each other from work) and now that she really knows me, she sees that I anything but boring. I think I’m even the craziest one of the group.

I love Rock music, Horror movies and going to concerts. A very typical rock chick. But I was wondering, is this really the image you have to be? I’m into rock music since I was 13. That’s when I changed my looks and stuff too. Now I’m 18, I like to dress nice. Pretty dresses, hand bags, high heels. It’s not like I wear it all time, but hey, I like to look good sometimes too. And when my girl friends see me like that, they’re like, oh wow, we didn’t know you could be like that.

Same counts for TV shows. I love: the Listener, Fringe, Vampire Diaries and most of all Supernatural. But I also love: Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, the OC. I love zombie movies with a lot of blood (my fave is 28 Weeks Later) but also romantic movies like the Notebook. I love Stephen King, Anne Rice, Dan Brown but I actually love Sarrah Dessen her books even more!

That’s just who I am. Nothing more, nothing less. Sometimes it’s a bit frustrating. People judge you from the outside, even my friends. But most of time I think it’s funny, that when people are getting to know me I surprise them over and over again.

The title of my journal says “Guilty Pleasures”. What I just told you was a little intro. Don’t worry, what follows next is short ;)

I believe everyone has them. Things they do, things they like that doesn’t go with how they look like. so I think it’s confession time . Tell me, what are your guilty pleasures?

For me it is a lot of things. My biggest one is Boy bands!! Before I became a rocker I was obsessed with Westlife.

This weak spot for Boy bands brings me to another guilty pleasure: BIG TIME RUSH! I know it’s a show for kids, but common!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don’t you just love them!? Right now I’m obsessed with them, and counting down the days to go to the release date of their first season.

I think I shared enough with you guys for now. So comment! Let me know what your guilty pleasures are. I’m curious.

Much love, Nienke

PS: Everyone should love BTR! <3
August 1st, 2010 at 02:21pm