Best night of my life, smoked with Will fricking Swan of Dance Gavin Dance!!

Okay, so yesterday was the best night of my life. I went to a Dance Gavin Dance show, it was the Scream It Like You Mean It tour with a bunch of awesome bands. I brought a flash camera but I wont get any of the photos developed for a while. Still, holy sh!t, the best part was after the show, but I'll get to that in a bit. I need to tell you all about the dancing guy and getting kicked in the head.

The whole night I was playing it safe, I stayed away from the pit and the stage. If I had come home with a black eye or busted lip I would have been screwed. I did get closer for two reasons. First, the dancing guy. Some band was playing, don't know who they were they weren't that good, but this guy made the show. This guy was huge, sweaty, and dancing. It kind of looked like a chicken dance. He was jamming. Nobody near us were even paying attention to the band, we were all watching this dude. Some guy in front of us was filming it, I'm gonna go on youtube a couple days and try to find the video. But he was having the time of his life, I couldn't stop laughing, it was brilliant.

The second reason I went anywhere near the pit was for Dance Gavin Dance. I was shoving people out of my way to get closer. Goodness, they were amazing. I couldn't stop dancing and singing. Of course people were stage diving so I got kicked in the head a couple times, but it was totally worth it. I was there with two of my friends so we wouldn't lose each other, but me being me broke apart from them the moment Kurt (the singer) dived into the crowd. I was shoving people out the way like the place was on fire. In grabbed onto Kurt's arm and screamed, "Kurt, show me your Totoro tattoo!"

I'm a creeper, I know.

The rest of the night was awesome, my friend Angela got a Dance Gavin Dance shirt with Flavor Flav on it eating a cheeseburger that says, 'FUCK Dance Gavin Dance.'

The best part of the night was after the show. We had met this guy before who was super nice, he gave me a cigarette and pulled out a joint saying he was gonna smoke with the band and he wanted us to come with him. So we go to the back and start talking to the drummer of Ivorylines, or whatever it's called. He was very drunk and hysterical. He said the Florida has got the best looking whores, I feel very proud.

I left my friend to talk to him, she was trying to trade shirts with him, he was almost going to but he said he liked his shirt too much. Then there in all his awesome glory, was Will fricking Swan, the guitarist of Dance Gavin Dance. I was all ::wow: the entire time we were talking. He was really nice, but very stoned. The guy we met pulled out the joint and started lighting it, he passed it to Will and asked if it was okay that he shared with the band. So here I am, watching the majority of Dance Gavin Dance smoke weed, when it gets passed to me. I take a couple hits and pass it back to the nice guy.

And again, I'm a creeper, so I tell Will that I'm in awe and and I'm honored to meet and smoke with him. He just laughed and said something about sharing the love. So cool.

We were about to leave when my friend spotted Kurt, she asked me if I wanted to say hi to him. Normally I can be extremely shy so talking to everyone was enough for me, but I just couldn't pass this up. It's Kurt fricking Travis! I got kicked in the head just so I could touch him. Wow, I just keep sounding weirder and weirder.

My friend walks up to him and says hello, and then he looks at me. I was starstruck.I mean, it's Kurt Travis! You don't just meet him every day! He shook my hand and gave me a hug, he was also very drunk and stoned, and he said he liked my shirt. My brother in law Robbie, who also would give his left nut to meet these guys, made the shirt. I can't wait to tell him.

And my creeper status goes up.

I knew he had a Totoro tattoo so I asked him about it, then I asked if I could see it. -facepalm- It's all good though, he laughed and said sure. It. Is. Awesome. Then we talked about Cat Bus. It was amazing, I just can't believe it.

I hated that we had to leave so early. I'm preparing for the next show. I am bringing my back pack and I'm going to put two disposable cameras in it, my cigarettes, weed, and my phone. I can't wait, I don't care what bands will play, I just want to be able to talk to more awesome dudes.

No doubt in my mind that was the best night of my life. My life is almost complete. I just need to lose my virginity, see Ron and Hermione kiss, and graduate. Then my life will be complete.

WHY WHY WHY DID I NOT GET ANY OF THIS ON CAMERA?!?!
August 1st, 2010 at 07:57pm