Adam.

Alright, so right now, I'm going to tell you a bit about my best friend, Adam. I just moved in with him, and he's the best friend a guy could ask for.

Adam used to live in California. That's where he met his boyfriend, Max. That's where he came out to be gay. That's where his parents disapproved of him. And that's where his parents forced him to leave.

So, we basically stumbled upon each other in school, and we began talking. I'd go by his house at times, he'd come by mine. We'd share clothes and secrets, and we'd always be there for each other. Thus, our brotherhood was born, and we've been best friends ever since.

Adam isn't just an ordinary best friend. He's always there for me, and I hope he knows that he knows that I'll always be there for him. It's as simple as that. We except each other for who we are, and no matter what, we always have each others backs. No if's, and's, or but's.

Adam is the strongest individual I've ever met. He was mocked by everyone around him, including his parents, and he lost the thing he loves the most, being with Max, just because he was being who he is. He's not afraid to stick up for what he believes in, and that's harder than you'd think.

Like I said before, I recently moved in with him. He's given me everything I need, and I hope that I'm as good to him as he is to me. He's really shown me what a true friend is.

I'm so proud to say that he's my best friend. He's gone through so much just because he's unique. Just because he's not afraid to be himself. Just because he didn't want to hide for his whole life. Because he's comfortable in his own skin. He accepted who he is. The problem is that everyone else can't come to terms with people that are different. So he's gay. Big deal. Love is love, and that's all there is to it.

No matter what happens, I love my best friend. Adam, dude, if you're reading this, you fucking rock.
August 1st, 2010 at 09:02pm