It's about time you've realized...

You're always wearing a smile that matches your lively eyes. Sparkling brightly - they always are, even when you're crying. Your eyes resemble the truest and closest of stars. Even though I hate to admit, they're a wonderful color. Something that no one in your life deserves to treasure.

Sometimes I don't understand how it's even possible. After all of the misfortune life has brought you... You go on as if all is fine. I know it isn't all peaches and cream - especially for you. I wish I could obtain the means to help you.

Remember those times we talked for hours? Mindless, idle chat, yet it brought a fleeting feeling of elation to the both of us - or maybe just me. I like how you see the world - I like how I can read you like an open book at times, and how I can be completely puzzled as to what you're thinking on other occasions. I feel like I know you so well, and at the same time, I don't know you at all.

Do you know how hard it is for me to write this?

I like your smile. I like your eyes. I like your hair, and your skin, and your face. I like the way you laugh. I like your sense of humor. I like the things that you like. I like how you're innocent and tainted all at once. I like how you genuinely care, and at the same time, you really don't. I like how you're just as mixed up as I am, if not more, and you don't complain. I like how you're both simple and complicated. I like how you can be part of the crowd, but stand out dramatically at the same time. I like how this list could go on forever - because there are so many things that I like about you.

I love the fact that you're different. And not just 'unique' or 'odd'. You're completely, utterly your own person, and I know it'll stay that way. I like the fact that you'll never like me back. I like the fact that you're a maze - the most twisted challenge I've ever met. I like you because you don't let people see how smart you are. But you can't hide that from me, not anymore. I like that you recognize your mistakes and immediately work on fixing them. I like the fact that you don't take advantage of how pretty you are. I like how you don't let all of those compliments go to your head.

I like you.
August 6th, 2010 at 02:43am