Boys Boys Boys

Vithien, if you've decided to read this, I suggest you don't. Unless of course you want to read my rantings about men.

I like boys, I really do. Actually, I love men (hence my decision to enter into a profession dominated by men) but they drive me nuts.

For example, my prom date and long time crush, Scott. We both know that we like each other. We both know that there would be no rejection from either party. We both know that we have absolutely nothing to lose.

And yet, nothing has happened between us in THREE YEARS. Frustrated! Oh so very much am I frustrated.

I suppose we're both too shy for our own good. Or each other's good? I'm not entirely sure how to word that. But anyway, you get the point ( or at least I hope you do because I am having some great difficulties in writing this down).

And then there is Simon, who I've known my entire life and appears to be convinced that we're meant to be together. Eek. That's a pretty heavy admission coming from a boy with a girlfriend (who, though I've never met her, appears to be the sweetest little thing in the history of the world and must have the personality of a saint to be able to put up with that boy for long periods of time).

Can't I just have a simple life? Without these men who make my life difficult?

Ai yai yai.

I believe this is the part where I must recount the sordid tale of my weekend at Scott and Julia's cottage, as I have now come to think of it because it takes less time to say than "my mom's best friend's family's cottage".

So, my mother and I went up to the aforementioned cottage for the long weekend. My father was invited but declined to come as he believes there were going to be too many people around for him to relax (which was not quite the case for the rest of us). I drove most of the way there, from here to around Innisfil which is about 7/8s of the way.

Anyway, when we roll up, we see Scott playing badminton with the little boys, all of which were looking adorable. (Mom: "There's your honey!" followed by Me: "Shut UH-up!") I got all heart-poundy and nervous at this point, which pretty much sets the tone for the entire weekend.

Later, sitting out on the dock with my bathing suit on (the one that makes me look like a supermodel, I don't know if I've told you about this one, Tini) and jaws dropped. Including Scott's, which was kind of the idea. (He has the prettiest blue eyes that are quite large to start with - even bigger) And pretty much the entire time we were out there, he was a-sneaking the peeks, if you know what I'm saying.

As a side note, there was some banter about him looking like Matt Damon (which he doesn't really now that his hair is longer and at the point where I like it most).

Eventually we went in to make dinner and such, ate dinner, etc. Julia, Jenna and I were in charge of the dishes and I was washing because I don't know where anything goes. My hands were wet inside the gloves because someone (aka Scott) plunked them in the water, so I had to get Julia to get my iPod out of my pocket so we could have some tunes. Fun fact about me: I can't do anything without singing, ergo the constant need for music.

She said "I know a boy who would kill to be doing this right now,"

I almost died right there. At one point, after the little boys went to bed, we were all sitting in the living room on the couches and what not. Scott came to sit beside me at one point, and I'll admit, it made me ridiculously happy. He even started texting me stupid things, like a bunny he made out of those weird symbols that I have neither the patience nor the desire to make.

-sighs-

WHY DOES HE LIVE SO FAR AWAY?!
August 6th, 2010 at 03:40pm