I really have to get this off my chest.

I seriously can't sleep because I keep playing over and over this incident that happened at work today with a frustrating customer that turned very rude.

I'm 18 and I work at Shoppers Drug Mart for almost three years now. (For any americans reading, it's pretty much a Canadian Walgreens.) We have lottery machines there that I passionately hate. Because 19 is the legal age in Canada I pretty much no NOTHING about lottery tickets, only the basics like how much something cost and what night they draw. I DO NOT know how they work, don't ask me how to play because I'm not even the legal age to play them. Plus, It's a drug store, not a lottery booth -- A drug store!
But I had a customer today ask me for 4 tickets for that nights draw, all of them thirteen dollar tickets with the extras.
The ticket that was drawing that night is called Lotto Max. It's a 5 dollar ticket with 3 rows of numbers. The extras are called Twist and Tag, they are a dollar each. Honestly, I have no clue what the extras do. If you're buying a lottery ticket I'm pretty much expecting you to know what it means If I ask you if you want them on your ticket.
So, for each ticket I gave her 6 rows of numbers($10), 1 twist ($1) and 2 tags($2) which adds up to $13.00. When I gave her the tickets she told me it didn't look like another ticket that she had bought god knows where. I told her that the tickets I gave her only had 1 twist and the one that she was showing me from somewhere else had 2 and then I told her she didn't tell me if she had wanted more than one, just that she wanted $13 worth. So, she huffed and said fine and that she'd take the tickets anyway.
So, I rang her tickets threw and she passed me our stores point card but I told her that we don't award points toward lottery tickets. "Well, why did the screen just ask for it?" she said in the most snottiest way you could ever imagine. "It's the computers programming. I can scan your card, but you won't get any points." I ended up scanning her card and she paid without saying another word, but not without grabbing the receipt from my hand as I passed it to her. Then she proceeded to scoff and complain to her friend as they walked out the door.

I have never in my life experience such a rude person. And looking at her by her appearance she seemed like a nice woman. You really can't judge a book by it's cover...
I was pretty much in a bad mood the rest of the day.. Although I tried to be nice to customers even after that.
I wish I could smash that lottery machine. If it weren't for that my days working there weren't be too bad. Otherwise, I like working there.

My working experience is strange.. To lighten up the mood a little, I'll share some strange, funny and embarrassing things! :D

After nine months of working at Shoppers, one day during the summer I was straightening out our seasonal section with all the sunscreen standing on a footstool. I had this tall old man in a think his 60s-70s come up behind me (and scared the crap out of me), lean in, and say in a raspy voice, "Ahem, Excuse me, Miss? Could you tell me where the condoms are?"
I'm pretty sure my face was beat red. I was sixteen and EXTREMELY shy....
That was the creepiest thing that's ever happened to me at work.

I've acutally had a few people ask me baby tips while I was in the baby isle putting up sale tages. Like, how to potty train a kid and what type of formula to use..

The joys of working in a drug store..
August 7th, 2010 at 10:12am