For every teenager,

We are broken. We are worn and defeated - and we are young. Our youth is what holds as back, and our impending adolescence is what frees us. We are confused and lost, and we are completely f*cking fine at the same time. We are in denial, righteous, and ultimately wrong.

Our morals are developing, our minds our growing, our bodies are changing. We know everything and nothing all at once. We are coming to terms with feelings, life, and hardships. We are fighting everything we once believed in - we are losing grip on reality. Our sanity is in danger, no one understands, and no one f*cking cares. Everyone is out to get us. We have a thousand and one friends, but we know they're all fake.

We wish we were someone else. We wish we could embrace ourselves for who we truly are. We want to be past the point of breaking. We want to experience everything. We want to know what's going on. We wonder why the world isn't fair. We shun ignorance, but we revel in it as well. We need help. We need someone not only to listen - but we need someone to do something. We are emotional, apathetic, or isolated. And in some cases, we are all three.

Most of us just want everything to fix itself - but we don't know what's wrong in the first place. Together, we are the future of the world. We hold in our hands the fate of generations to come. We don't realize it, but we are important. Even with the constricting binds of society and the emotions running rampart through our heads -- we all have something in common.

We are teenagers.

[I do not know what brought this on. I'm just tired of people, teenagers especially, suffering from day to day.]
August 8th, 2010 at 01:10am