Dreams

I only have had two ever since I was a child. Two aspirations; and they couldn't be more different. One is attainable while the other seems a bit far-fetched in others' eyes. Ever since I was six years old, I have always been fascinated by the past. I took an interest in dinosaurs. That soon evolved to archeological interests as well. I have always been a nerd at heart. I am currently a history major on hiatus. When I continue that, I don't know because something else, my other dream has enraptured me. Completely. A bit childish to others.

I have always been in love with the sound of guitar. Ever since I can remember recognizing the sound of it, I have fell in love. Ever since then I've practiced. Years and years of dedicated practice. Until my fingers bled and until they became calloused. I made that my priority. I want to play music for a living. That is what I want. I want to make a living doing what I love. Anything else, any other desire has faded away. I will not let others' doubts permeate my thoughts. 'Well, everyone wants to be a musician... What's so special about you?' That is what I hear constantly. And, honestly, I don't give a rat's ass anymore. F*ck 'em.

I am not taking the safe road so I can be complacent. I want to take that risk. I'd rather crash and burn than fade away. No one ever accomplished anything by making the 'right' decisions. No one ever shined in the limelight by hiding from it. I don't want to live up to society's standards. And, no, this isn't an act of rebellion. This is a grown woman's choice to follow her heart no matter how risky it may be. What's life without a little fun? Life fast, die young, and join the legends. I only have this life as far as I know and I intend to make the best of it.
August 9th, 2010 at 06:01am