OH, GER -- Aha, never mind. (A pointless journal - made so that I can laugh at myself)

Any My Chemical Romance fans out there?

Here's an awkward, stupid story for you:

Just a few minutes ago, I was talking to my aunt. Of course, being the overly-dramatic person I am, I was using hand movements and everything as I spoke. I was actually telling her about my teddy bear, and how upset I was that her demon dog had almost chewed it to pieces just a few minutes prior. (Don't make fun, man. I've had that bear since I was five). The teddy bear's name is George, by the way. So I meant to say to my aunt,

"OH, GEORGE! What would I have done if I lost you?"

But what I really said was,

"OH, GERARD --" And then I covered my mouth with my hand and stared up at the ceiling with my eyes as wide as saucers. How pathetic is it that I unintentionally replaced his name with my poor teddy bear's name? Keep in mind, I had told my entire family about my love for My Chemical Romance beforehand, and I had also explained the members in detail. Of course Gerard was the one I constantly talked about. And of course, I had just been reading a MCR fanfic centering around Gerard just seconds before I got that lovely little sentence out. Of course.

So there I am, cheeks a thousand shades of red, and all my aunt can do is laugh hysterically. So what happens to me? I start laughing along with her, trying to ignore the sheer awkwardness of the situation. And then what? She mocks me for a couple of minutes before I run out of the room, cheeks still incredibly red, smiling like a moron at my own stupidity.

I've never been so much of a fan-girl. Gerard Way, I don't even know you. So what on Earth have you done to me?

I bet my aunt is still having a grand 'ol time laughing at my expense in her bedroom. She told me she was going to tell my mom first thing tomorrow. I can't wait.
August 11th, 2010 at 10:26am