How Love Has Started To Become Fake

I personally absolutely adore the concept of love, but it's a complicated emotion that you have to work to get to. Romance is just... amazing to read, write, watch, and experience. It's so easy to say the word since it's just four measly letters: L-O-V-E, but it is an entirely different thing to truly mean the words. I don't want someone to romantically tell me that they love me unless they mean it, and I'm in certainly no rush to say it back.

I don't have a boyfriend at the moment, but I see a lot of people on mibba and in reality with some. I've seen people tell each other that they love each other after dating for only a few hours and to be perfectly honest, it disgusts me a bit. It's as if everyone is forgetting the true meaning of such a wrong word. You can't love someone after you date them for such a short amount of time. People just totally misuse the word and it's not taken seriously anymore. It's thrown around and it shouldn't be.

Hell, I think anyone that says it before a month of dating is an ignorant fool. In my opinion, it should probably be around maybe three months of dating for the big 'L' word to be brought up. You have to transition from friends to boyfriend/girlfriend's and you have to get to know each other all over again on a more romantic level. You have to learn how you interact with each other under such a label.

Sure, I understand why people say that they love them. They want to express their emotions and most of the time, when you're told that you're loved romantically, you feel all happy and your heart soars, but that doesn't mean you should abuse the word. It would mean so much more if it was actually meant. I think the word is abused and used too much and too soon in relationships in society these days. After all, it's such a passionate emotion. Don't say that you love them, say that you really like them. Most of the people who tell someone that they're in love with them don't even know what love is or have never experienced it for themselves.

I mean, I'm guilty of telling my close friends that I love them. I'm not ashamed of it. Loving a friend is different then loving someone romantically when you're in a relationship with them. I want to show my friends that I care and that they're close to me, they hold a special place in my heart. I love them as if they were my family, but loving a friend or a family member is an entirely different category then when you're in a relationship.

Then there are those people who know that the word 'love' really is serious for such a small word so they find ways around it since they feel like fools telling someone that they like them. They go around saying things like, "I <3 you!" I can understand typing that out, but there really are people who walk around saying "I heart you!" It's sort of sad really. It makes them look a bit pathetic, stupid, and overall naive. And believe it or not, there are even worse things then that. There are those people who don't want to tell someone they 'heart' them, so they try to find a cool way around it. "I less than three you!" Then they feel all proud of themselves for being able to verbally form a heart in your mind the way you would when typing it out on a keyboard. They're all in your face. "Yeah, I went there. I less than three you! Bet you didn't see that coming!"

NO! JUST NO!

Save yourself the embarrassment, seriously. It may not seem like it, but a lot of your friends are laughing about it the second you turn around and it's probably the center of many embarrassing conversations and jokes.

Hell, the damn cliche line of "I think I'm falling for you," is better then "I less than three you." Do you guys seriously think you're cool? The sad thing is that you're all probably thinking that the younger kids would do this, but I've seen eighteen year old's say it.

My point is, stop abusing the damn word. You could say you love someone to the point that you actually trick your mind into thinking you're in love when you're not. You could ruin yourself and shed so many tears over a relationship that can't even compare to the relationships you have in the future. All in all, a lot of the crap that people call relationships these days are bull. Stop lying to yourselves, dammit. You could save yourself so much drama and so much worry instead of losing nights of sleep over the stupidest of reasons.

Plain and simple... just stop lying to yourselves.
August 12th, 2010 at 07:27am