Love Gives Me Hope

Have you ever heard of that website?

I was bored, so I decided to read some entries from it. Basically it's a bunch of strangers posting stories about love, and it got me thinking...

I don't know how to describe love. People always talk about it like some really complicated emotion. They say you can't fall in love in a few hours or a few days. They say it's stupid to say I love you after you just started dating someone.

But who are we to say that? Who are we to judge how someone loves another? I don't know...I just feel like love isn't something you can pin down or label. Some people can fall in love in a couple of days, and for some it might take longer.

It's just love.

I can't imagine anyone not wanting love. Even if you hate yourself more than anything, and you don't think you deserve to have anyone love you, you still want them to. And you do deserve it. And most likely you have it, you just don't know it.

I have a hard time telling people I love them. I wish I could do it more easily. Something about love and vulnerability makes it difficult for me. If I give my heart to someone else, they have every possiblity of breaking me. I don't like that feeling of dependence.

It's like every time someone tells me they love me I think that if I say it back they'll say "HAHA I WAS JUST KIDDING!" I don't like thinking this way. I just want them to know how much I care about them and not worry about their reaction.

I want someone who will care about my life instead of just their own. I want someone who will always be there to tell me I'm pretty when I feel ugly. I want someone who will travel out of there way to make me happy. I just want someone who actually gives a fuck.

I guess I just haven't found a love that fits me yet.
August 13th, 2010 at 06:29am