"I’m your biggest fan; I’ll follow you until you love me."

There is something strange (and amazing) about the human brain. There is something even more amazing about how the human brain changes. Those who are eleven don’t think the same as those who are fourteen, and those who are fourteen don’t think the same as those who are seventeen. If they do, it’s obvious that a lack of maturation has happened within the mind throughout that span of time. People who don’t act their age probably aren’t their age (mentally). People who act older than they were fall within two categories: early developers or wannabes.
*

Society (re: the media) puts too much pressure on sex (and relationships). What’s the big deal? It seems that, once girls hit puberty, they need a man on their arm. I don’t understand why someone wants to be in a relationship that lasts two weeks, anyway. Do you think that boy really loves you? You’re wrong. It’s almost sickening to see thirteen and fourteen-year-olds cooing over their latest catch. Don’t waste your life away. You’re a kid. You should be looking for a new hobby, not a new boy. (Relationships can also be stressful and time-consuming; enjoy being with your friends while you can. Eventually you won’t have the time.)

Your parents know what’s best for you. Accept it, or go about discussions maturely.
*

I am stuck in a rut. There are so many story ideas swimming in my head, but I don’t know what to do with them all. I’m also trying to make story banners, but I don’t know who to use for them. They need to be made (along with the layout) before I can get anything else done. (Oh, and I have no idea who to choose for that contest I just joined. I like so many people and, just maybe, I like no one at all.) The Andromeda Strain is such a good book, I just can’t put it down. No wonder I’m not getting anything done. I recommend y’all read this book (even if you think you won’t be interested).Mibba, your babies are annoying.
*

Stereotypes are a fact of life, and none of them day. ‘Emo’ might seem dead, but I’m sure there are a few survivors out there. There are still ‘Goths’ and ‘Punks,’ whether they’re the real deal or a wannabe’s reconstruction. What can you do about it? Absolutely nothing. People will be whoever they want to be, whether it’s for ‘fad’ reasons or for reasons of interest. Sometimes people will be nothing at all, but they’ll still be labeled. Personally, I think people need to be left the f*ck alone. Let people be who they want to be. Let people call others what they want to call them (unless it’s discriminatory or prejudiced). It’s not something you can change, is it?

Get over it.
*

School starts in two weeks. I’m working to get my summer work done (not really, but I don’t have that much left to do), but I have to get a new book-bag. I might just use that bag I bought at Buffalo Exchange. Either way:

I am excited.
*

Question of the day: Would it be rude to correct spelling errors in someone's journal entry? Learn to spell check.
August 17th, 2010 at 11:52pm