I was talking to my dinosaur of a mother about fashion... & I have a serious question about family.

I was kidding in the title about my mother being a dinosaur. She's only in her forties, she's not that old... :D

But she was making fun of me for what I wear.

She said how she can't wait until I'm a mother & I start comparing how my teenage daughter/son dresses to how I dressed at their age. She said how when she was in high school, "big hair" was popular.

I guess leggings were pretty popular around her time, too. She was shocked when they made a huge "comeback" last year or the year before.

So I started thinking about when I was a kid. Well like five years old. I was in love with jelly shoes of all sorts. I also liked really long skirts, like the ones that went down to my ankles. I used to wear dresses every single day.

I had pretty stylish hair back when I was a baby. Hahahaha, oh god....

But after this talk with my mom, I started wondering about my friends & others. Like, not many people i know get along too well with their family. Serious question: why?

I don't understand why people say they "hate" their parents/family for not letting them do something, or whatever. I think it's a terrible thing to say you hate someone, especially if it's your family. I know that some people have serious issues with family... But I'm talking about my friends that say they hate them if they can't go to the mall. I ask them & they say like "cause I can't go, and it's for a stupid reason."

Do you know anyone like this? :/ I think it's really bad to say something like that.
August 18th, 2010 at 01:45am