My ABC School Schedule

Note: this journal is very informative and may bore you...a lot. If you have no interest in reading about my school schedule, whether it be because you don't know me or because you're afraid I will bore you to death, please do not read on. On that note, I'm also writing this to ask people what they think about this, and your thoughts and opinions on this schedule would be appreciated.

Alright, here we go. I'm just going to type out my schedule, tell you a few facts, and post this. Nothing else. I want your thoughts and opinions before I give you mine (:

First you must know that this is a semester schedule, so there are there are five blocks and seven classes every semester. There are two-semester classes and one-semester classes. Then you must know that the seven classes that I am taking this semester go in this order:
1. AP Language
2. AP Biology
3. Spanish IV
4. Psychology
5. Algebra II Honors
6. US History
7. Choir

A DAY
Block 1 - AP Language
Block 2 - AP Biology
Block 3 - Spanish IV
Block 4 - Algebra II Honors
Block 5 - US History

B DAY
Block 1 - AP Biology
Block 2 - SRT
Block 3 - Psychology
Block 4 - US History
Block 5 - Choir

C DAY
Block 1 - AP Language
Block 2 - Spanish IV
Block 3 - Psychology
Block 4 - Algebra II Honors
Block 5 - Choir

You're probably wondering what SRT is. SRT stands for Student Resource Time, and during this time we can go talk to teachers, make up tests, and do various other things along that nature.

Now, if you look closely, you'll see that I have each class two out of the three days:
AP Language: A and C days
AP Biology: A and B days
Spanish IV: A and C days
Psychology: B and C days
Algebra II Honors: A and C days
US History: A and B days
Choir: B and C days
So it's equal there.

And then we get to lunch. Everyone eats lunch during 3rd block. Easy enough, right? WRONG! There are three lunches: A lunch, B lunch, and C lunch. And depending on our teacher's last name, we have one of the three lunches. Here's where it gets confusing. On A days, I'm in Spanish, so I would use my Spanish teacher's name and therefore, I would go to C lunch. But on B and C days, I would be in Psychology, so I would use that teacher's name and therefore, I would go to A lunch.

Plus, some added information that might help you understand just how crazy my school is: they just added a Senior Center because our school couldn't hold that many people. We have 650 in just my class. And, to top it off, because of the Senior Center, our school is HUGE. It takes approximately 3 minutes to get from one end to the other, but that's without kids. The teachers don't teach in the same room all day, so they're always moving around. So imagine this: the staff, plus 2,500 students, all trying to get to one place or another in just six minutes. And you know how crowded high school hallways are.

So my question is: what do you think? Would you like to have this schedule at your school? If you could change anything about this schedule, would you?
August 19th, 2010 at 12:58am