I want to make something very clear (I think I have the birthday blues)

Image

See this guy? Nobody messes with him. Nobody messes with Josh Lyman.
Of course, there’s a very good explanation as to why; simply, I will kick your *ss.

I think I’m coming down with a case of Peter Pan syndrome. It’s five days until my birthday, and I feel a little crappy. I hate how my birthday Is less of a big deal, now. Yeah, I sound like a spoiled brat, but I honestly don’t think I am. Why? Because things are changing, I’m no longer the “cute” little girl, hence why I don’t get heaps of money spent on me anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I get a really good amount, but like I said, people have to adapt to change. This is mine. Every year, I'm another year older, another year closer to being old. Another year that I'm closer to no longer being a kid.

I just want to stay young. I don’t know if any of you guys know this (other than Connor), but I’m scared of growing old. I really, really am. I can’t describe it, but the thought of settling down, wrinkles, the disability to do certain things, the responsibilities, Countdown, all of it. Agh, I just want to stay young. Forever.

I remember when I was little, near to my birthday or Christmas, when I used to circle every toy I wanted in the Argos book. I never knew what I’d get, there would always be surprises, and I miss that. Now, I make a list. In fact, I make the list. Members of my family can’t escape without a copy, not that that’s a problem, most of them request one so they know what to get. It’s sort of like Miranda’s book in The Devil Wears Prada. Anyway, when it comes to my birthday, this list is vital. It sort of hit me hard when my Mother told me she’d lost the copy, today. I’m fine with it getting lost, but this happened a while ago. My birthday’s in five days, how the hell are they going to get organized in time? God, I sound so brat-ish right now, but I’m worrying. I like to see presents, I like to be able to open things. I’m the baby of the family growing up, and I want to stay young.

I want to argue over who gets the blonde MyScene doll, and weather we play moms and dads or Power Rangers (I opted for the second xD). I want to storm around the playground pretending to be Sailor Moon, to get home and re-enact The Fellowship Of The Ring with my action figures. I always get like this around my birthday, I just want to be young.

I hate it when things go so fast. The past four weeks have. All I’ve done all day is watch The West Wing, yet time still flies. I don’t know what to do with myself, I keep stressing out over nothing. This has happened for the past two years, I just completely freak out near my birthday. I know how stupid I sound, forgive me. Does anyone know what I’m talking about, is anyone the same?

I love my family, I really do. I’m so grateful for my upbringing, I have the best parents anyone could wish for, along with two great sisters. They allow me to state my opinion, look after me, do a hell of a lot for me, and I really do love them so, so much. I just miss being the baby, I guess.

Blah, too much rambling. What’s your favourite TV show of all time, and why?
August 19th, 2010 at 01:56am