Day 15 — The person you miss the most

Dear Grandpa,

I miss you so much. I hope you are enjoying yourself up there with all of your friends and family. Everyone down here still misses you. I think about you constantly. You suffered for so long, and now you are in peace. I never really told you how much I love you and care about you. You mean the world to me. Every time I hear someone speaking in Italian or someone saying your famous quote, "Come on, ehhh!" I miss when you would stand tapping your foot because you got bored and you wanted to go home. You were always so funny. You always made people laugh. I miss when you used to sing that song to me with the Italian words that I never got to learn. I miss your pancakes, with the secret ingredient. I miss your laugh and smile, and I just miss everything about you. Yes, I wish you were still here, but I'm very happy you aren't suffering anymore. You were a great man, everyone loved you. I really wish I had another chance to talk with you, and tell you I love you, and give you a proper goodbye. You deserve it. We all love and miss you here. It has been quite hard without you around. Holidays just aren't the same. Christmas Eve present calling isn't right without your voice calling each person when their gift was in your hands. It's not fair that you are gone, but like I said, at least now you are at peace with everyone and everything, and you aren't suffering. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy.

Sincerely,
Continuously Mourning.
August 19th, 2010 at 01:46pm