dance team drama

so for dance my team is going to calgary, a roadtrip kinda thing. theres gonna be about 56 ppl going and its gonna loads of funn. we were thinking about going to this competition but our coach said its a bad idea since we went last year, and judging was extremely unfai since there was a home team. we were alright with that, we said that u know its alright we can apply for competitions in san jose and indiana. but then without asking for any ones response, he set up a meeting for the teams going and the parents informing them about this trip. i didnt really wana go cuz we are wasting money cuz we know we arent gonna place, and our team is not strrong right now, the competition is on october 3 and thats like right there. and this is all for the junior team, and me and my sister are on the senior team together, which means my mom ahs to pay like so much money for these trips. my sister works though and that money goes towards our trips mostly. we also have a bank account for the senior team in which we fundraise and keep our money for these things. So basically we dont need to wrry about the senior competitions out of town thats handled. but the problem here is that we are not funded for our junior team whick makes traveling a pain. should the other girls that have the same opinion as me tell our coach that we dont want to go. cuz we have 12 ppl on our team and he said that if even 8 say yes he will take those 8. But if we tell him that we dont want to go, hes gonna be left with a pretty crapppy team cuz me and my three friends are the only ones that have been on this team for like 2 years everyone else comes and goes. if we leave the team if open to failure. should we tell him or should be just try sucking it up and go? i dont know what to do, and our parents do not mind waht our descisions are gonna be as, they dont care if we are gonna go they wil just tell us to pay for ourselves wich means more cupcake sales!
August 19th, 2010 at 09:25pm