Greatest Band In The World + Hair + School + Pimping

It's been a while. Well, not really. But it's felt like forever. I have a lot to talk about, so lets get started.

KISS

Last Monday, my family and my sister's boyfriend went to the Indiana State Fair to see the greatest band in the world, at least according to Gene Simmons. KISS! It was pretty awesome, even that Paul Stanley kinda needed a cough drop or something. It was my fourth favorite concert to day. I have a long list, actually.

1. Blink 182/Fall Out Boy/Panic at the Disco.
It's my favorite not just because it was a great concert but because each band meant a lot to me and my development into the person I am today.

2. Bon Jovi/ Kid Rock
Saw them last month and it was AMAZZZING!

3. Cher
I saw her on her first farewell tour. She was (and still is) my favorite singer growing up.

4. KISS

5. Paul McCartney
I really didn't realize how awesome that concert was because I was only six when I went. But now that I look back at I realize I how lucky I am. I SAW PAUL MCCARTNEY IN CONCERT!!!

6. NSYNC
I was a true '90s child.

7. Backstreet Boys

8. Motley Crue

9. Lynard Synard/ ZZ Top
This was my first concert so I don't really remember it.

I don't really consider festival like Warped Tour as concert so I didn't include them on the list. Next month, on September 11, my sister and I are going to X-Fest and see Papa Roach, Buckcherry, Sublime, Haste the Day, Seether and the Dirty Heads.

Here's some pics from KISS

Image

Funniest sign ever!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Me And My Nappy Hair

People always tell me that they love and want my hair. I saw, You can have it. If you don't wash it and brush it everyday it gets big and frenzy and then starts to turn into dreadlocks.

The other day at school, I was in at my lock and Dalton, a kid in my grade who I've known all my life, says "When I think of nappy I think of Madison and her hair." Thanks, man.

Here's a pic of my hair:

Image

Image

And that was on a good day.

Lawson Would Be A House Slave

I'm a teacher's aide for Mr. Reeder and his fourth period AP U.S. History. It's quite fun actually. If the kids don't know the answer he asks me, so I get to interact a lot in the class. The other day they were talking about the concept of divide and conquer and how the Europeans used it on the Native Americans and then the slaves and again on the Jews during the Holocaust.

Then he went on to say this, "Teacher's do it with students too. It called a teacher's pet. They're the house slaves. Like Lawson (me) over there. She'd be an awesome house slave." That's man.

QUESTIONS

1. Any bands you wish you could see live?
2. Ever had any bad hair days?
3. Got a story for me to read?
August 19th, 2010 at 10:33pm