End of the Summer Update!

Hey all!

I figured, it being the middle of August and all, that I should probably do an End-of-the-summer update. I made a video a little while ago but since then I've thought of a bunch of other things I wanted to talk about so I decided to just make a journal.

First of all, it's been really nice having the summer "off" sort of, from writing. My mind just went on vacation for a few months and it's been kind of awesome. However, my mind is starting to pick back up, and I have some news on three stories:

Witch: I'd really like to continue with this, but updates may be slow. It's kind of an epic story so, in my head, it's really long, and although I don't want to take forever to write it...I also don't want to rush it. I'm keeping it up, and I have about a third of chapter five written, so I'm just asking you guys to be patient with it/me.

Wild Air: I also have a few paragraphs of the first chapter written, and I really like what I have so far. My ideas for it really have been coming together, especially the conflict/enemy of it. My only issue with it is that it's quite like Aurora in a couple factors. I don't think this will bother anybody (I hope!) but we'll have to see. It also really needs a new title, since I kind of hate 'Wild Air.' I've been thinking of some, but they're all pretty stupid. I know one will come to me, though...hopefully.

Untitled - sort of - This is a very 'We Were Birds'-y kind of story, but I love love LOVE the idea as of right now. Seriously, I love it. I'm excited.

All right. That's it about stories. Just something else I wanted to stay, that doesn't really have to do with anything: Formspring isn't working on my desktop computer (my PC). It's only working on my Mac as of right now. I don't know why, but until it stops being a buttface, answers are going to be spotty. I'm sure you all are really disappointed, haha.

OKAY.
I explained about the college situation a little while ago but I don't think many people/anybody really heard/read whatever. Let me explain:

I'd sent in my deposit to UVM a long time ago, before I heard back from Lehigh, just in case I didn't get in. I did get into Lehigh, but I got absolutely no financial aid. NONE. So it was going to be 50,000 a year for my parents. At first I was going on and on about how I was going to take out all these loans and I was going to live at home after college and work at Hannaford (grocery store I work at right now) forever and blah blah blah but I realized I don't want to do that. And even with me taking out all these loans, it would have still been a huge struggle for my parents to pay for me to go to Lehigh. Literally, they were telling me how they would be up all night, worrying about what they were going to do. They'd have to sell the house. So I mean, I just could not go there with a clean conscience.

So I had to fill out a housing form for UVM to get housing, but I ended up not getting housing. So, like, I didn't have housing at my only other option for schools (because the deadline had passed on everywhere else: BU, NYU, UMass and Holy Cross) and getting an apartment so last minute would be really difficult and expensive. And so basically I was just like, eh, fuck it. I'm going to community college again this year and I'm getting my Associate's degree and I'll probably go to UVM next year (I'll have to do the housing form way earlier, it's honestly my fault, I didn't know you had to fill it out).

So that's that. I'm actually really fine with it, because I'm not in love with UVM anyway and I don't need a traditional college experience, honestly, I don't. I'm not desperate for that.

so that's that.

Other updates:

- I'm still interested in doing NaNoWriMo, so when November rolls around, updates are going to be slower. I'll talk more about that when I get there, though.

- I'm going to start up an etsy shop (http://etsy.com/shop/thefawngirl) to sell crafts, hand lotions and perfumes. I'll put a link up once I have things listed, but you can go check out the store now, not that there's anything there.

- Me and a friend of mine from livejournal are going to start giving princess/goddess lessons at therosedaughter.blogspot.com - I just thought it would be a fun, different thing to do.

- And if you're ever in need of something pretty to look at, you're always free to join my inspiration community on livejournal, lacemoths.livejournal.com, where I post pictures and writing and talk about things I like. Last post was a mix, so it's fun.

So those are my internet babies at the moment.

I'm going away for four days next weekend (the 28th through Sept. 1st) and I'm working like mad this coming week, so if I don't see you guys/talk much until school starts, enjoy the rest of your summer! (I know I have a bunch of comments I need to reply to, sorry guys, I'm not ignoring you, I promise!)
August 20th, 2010 at 03:42pm