Mothers Bitching on Friends, Is It Right? (Question)

I attempted to run away when I was around 11. I didn't wanna deal with my parents' crap about how they hated my friends and how I've made too many mistakes in my life, especially the small ones. I am not as focused as a normal person is, unless it's studies.

I had packed my bags and laid them on the side of my bed, waiting for my parents to fall deep in sleep before I left. Apparently, my mother was doing late laundry, which caused me to fall asleep. When I woke up the next morning, the bags were gone, which I knew was bad. When I went to go eat, my mom came in and simply said, "You forgot your underwear." WTF?! That's all she could say, like seriously. -_-"

Two years later, when I was thirteen, I was in my middle school's varsity volleyball with a friend. Apparently, my friend's mother kept asking my mom every time if her daughter could get a ride to the games, and knowing my mother she said yes. But apparently, behind their backs, she gets so pissed at them and starts making excuses of how we can't because blah-blah's happening. They still ask, though, and they've even bothered my aunt (her son goes to the same school as me, even today in high school.) Together they are pissed off so much.

In truth, I try my hardest to make sure we DO bring her. You know why? What if I myself were stranded and needed a ride, and I asked her. Hopefully she'll say yes. I mean, hello, the Golden Rule is friggin' haunting us and they're acting like teenage bitches towards me friend (actually she really isn't like a "best" friend more like an acquaintance I've known for so long, but I still treat her like a best friend even if she doesn't to me at times.)

I just wish that one day, one friggin' day of our entire life, that they can at least TREAT EACH OTHER LIKE NON-BITCHES! Seriously, I'm tired of this. Especially since we're women, and apparently women can't seem to let go of a problem. Eventually they'll track you down and make sure you bow down to them and tell them their ways. Fuck, we have anger issues!

But anyways, here's my question to you guys:
Am I really doing the right thing, to take her in and get accused for doing so when my mother's bitching about her attitude?

P.S. Not all my friends or best friends are like this, my mother loves (I mean LOVES) my best friend, who we will call King, because she's absolutely smart and she got Valedictorian when I graduated. Don't get me wrong, she's my bestest best of the bestest friends I have, as well as Jack (my mother also admires him for his smartness.) They just don't like the "current stylish friend who has some attitudes that they don't share to my parents but they witness it through gossip" kind of acquaintance.)
August 24th, 2010 at 11:48pm