writer's block

This applies to pretty much everyone on this site, so this doesn't exclude me.

So today I was writing (no shit) and I got stuck in the middle of a chapter (if you were wondering, it's a chapter in Be My Escape). I hate writer's block but I know how to deal with it.
So I sat down on my bed and grabbed the nearest book which, ironically, happened to be called Deadline (I've got to finish that chapter!).

I often read random books when I'm stuck in a rut for a story. But this particular book kept be going and going. I couldn't put the damn thing down (and I mean that in a good way). I started reading at around 4:15 pm and I just finished...at 6:45 pm. Keep in mind that I had already read fifty pages or so the night before. I'm not a speed demon when it comes to reading.

But seriously you guys, it was an amazing read. If you haven't read it please go do so now. You won't regret it. It's hilarious, I love Ben, the main character. He's witty, sarcastic, and blunt. I got a good laugh as I read this book. It was funny and lovable with a twist of tragedy, just the way I like them :)

And if you can't tell by now, I'm not too much of a fan of complete happy endings. Something bad or sad has to happen in the story or it just doesn't feel realistic. You know?
(Don't get me wrong. I love disney movies.)

Anyways, I'm rambling.
Basically: GO READ DEADLINE by Chris Crutcher
August 25th, 2010 at 04:14am