So...Bowling equals dislocated kneecap? (And Questions)

Guten Tag my fellow Mibbians.

Well today was quite a doozy. So, since summer is coming to a close and such, my friends and I wanted to do something fun and hang out together. Well, the first plan was to go to the movies and two of my friends did, but I could not make it because I had a doctor's appointment and one of my other friends was in California. So my friend and I were talking about things to do. Then I came up with the idea to go bowling. So my three friends and I were going to go bowling, which is super fun in my opinion.

Well, the day went as planned. With the exception of one of my friends who became ill, everything went well. We got in cheap thanks to a combo pack and we bowled two games and then went to the food place and got food. We ate, we laughed and we talked and then we were going to bowl our final game and then go home. Well, we started the first frame and then it happened.

One of my friends, let's call her Frankie for privacy, fell down. At first, I laughed because I am mean and cruel and laugh when people fall down. Then, I saw that it was much more serious and I went over to her. I still did not realize what was fully going on. She was gripping her knee, but I thought she just badly bruised it. Then my other friend, let's call her Aria for privacy, noticed it too and then she noticed her kneecap was on the other side of her leg.

So as normal teenagers, what do we do? We go to get help from the front desk of course. So we to the lady and we tell her that our friend is injured. First thing that came out of her mouth: "So bowl for her."

Ok, what? I have no idea why she would even say that. So then we explained to her that our friend was really hurt and that we think she dislocated her knee. She then asked us what she wanted us to do. Gee...I don't know...maybe called an ambulance. Frustrated, we go back to our friend whose still on the floor.

Meanwhile, on the other lane, there is a girls bowling team and their coach is like "Oh what happened, is she hurt?" I tell him that my friend is hurt and that we think she may have dislocated her knee. He just says oh and walks away. Great.

Then the lady from the front desk FINALLY shows up with an icepack and an accident report to fill out. Aria goes to comfort Frankie whose on the floor in tears over her knee while I help the lady fill out the form (I'm really bad at the comforting thing, I never know what to say).

So my friend is on the ground and she is partially covering the other lane, not even. So the coach comes up to me again and says this: "I don't mean to be insensitive but the girls (meaning his team) are trying to bowl, can you scoot over?" WHAT? My friend here is with a dislocated kneecap and you want her to move? I didn't even acknowledge his heartless comment.

So finally, the ambulance arrive and her mom comes because she called her and they go to the hospital. But the best part was when the stretcher came and it blocked the girls team lane and the front desk lady is all like "Can you move the stretcher because they are trying to bowl." The paramedic told her that NO because they couldn't pick her up by the injured side. Dumb woman.

Aria and I are left without a ride and now we want to go to the hospital to check on her. So we stop bowling and give the shoes back and such and then I call my mom. Luckily, my mom saves the day and comes and takes my friend and I to the hospital to see Frankie. We get there and go to the emergency room and then we get there and we get there just when they are going to pop the kneecap in. So we watch and it pops in and Frankie gets drugged up on morphine. Then the rest of the night we spent comforting her and such.

My mom took Frankie's mom back to the bowling place where she left her car and to go get pants for Frankie (since they did a number on her pants). My mom is just so awesome, she's so caring and understanding and just amazing.

So yeah, the people at the bowling alley made me so angry. I mean what they hell? I have problems comforting people and I don't feel the same emotions as other people do when someone gets hurt (I'm not emotionally developed in the caring department as much as some) However, I was cool, calm and collected and I decided to ignore these ignorant people and now I rant XD.

I'm seriously thinking about writing a letter of complaint to the bowling alley. I LOVE bowling and that bowling alley is a nice place, but they need to do some firing or more training over there as to what to do in an emergency. Seriously...

End of rant :)

On a side note:

1) Ever had a emergency happen and you had to act?
2) Ever had to deal with rude people in a public place?
3) Do you like bowling?
4) What's your cure for writer's block? Totally random.
5) Are you good at comforting people? I'm so awful at it, but I try.
August 27th, 2010 at 07:34am