Freedom? What are you?

So throughout high school, I spent locked in my room, every now and then my parents would let me out for some fresh air. Other than that, my nose was in the books and I had no life. Wasn't my decision, I wanted to hang out with my friends, go to the movies on Friday nights, or just hang outside on nice spring evenings just chilling with some of my bestest friends. But they never let me.

Since I graduated from high school, I moved to the nearest town with my grandmother to attend college. She sat me down, I was expecting to hear the same rules I had in high school, but she surprised me when she said, "Go ahead and do what you like. Just promise me you will come home at a reasonable hour, don't get drunk, you do your out. You are welcome to go and come as you please. You can do whatever you want. You're an adult now and it's time you start living like one. Got it?" So then I was in tears, because I never had that. Ofcourse I agreed and was released from the chain around my neck. Just last night there was a football game here (I used to attend school here) so I attended and met with some old friends. They invited me out to a afterparty (aka victory party :) ) so I went stayed out till 12, I was so scared that I was getting in trouble when my grandma opened the door, but she just smiled at me and asked how the night went. Awesome.

So now I'm anxious to get out and have some fun. Live the life I should have from freshman year in high school to senior year. Making up for lost time, is what I want. So that's why I asked. Freedom...what are you? Because I never had this. So far...I like it alot. :)
August 28th, 2010 at 06:32pm