A Secret

I have a secret I need to tell you. My mother can do magic.

I know what you’re thinking, but it’s true. I didn’t even believe it myself, but after years of hearing jealous mothers and fathers comment on how flawless she is, or how one earth she does it, I’ve finally learnt to except the cold hard truth – that my mother is not like other mothers.

Take yesterday for example. It was the perfect opportunity for a normal mother to throw a desperate fit or lock themselves in their room, crying and tearing their hair out as they go, but not my mother. Instead she turns up at work, early on time, never late of course. As a teacher, all the others look up to her, and are repeatedly coming to her for everything, out rightly disturbing her lessons. Still she doesn’t turn them away, as my mother can wondrously handle anything. She’s literally one step away from a promotion, give it a couple years and she’ll rule the school with everyone under her spell.

Today, the minute she steps inside the classroom, disaster strikes. The last teacher has left it in a mess and the first bell rings in an hour. My mum could panic, but she doesn’t. Today she’s brought us all along, her physic powers extend to allowing her to see the future and any troubles it may bring. Within seconds she has us all doing our separate jobs, once she’s speedily south up a plan of strategy. We’re soon running around madly, trying to scrub out rotten cupboards, sort out papers. We’re hopeless of course and with a snap of her fingers we’re sent to leave. It’s not entirely our fault, we can’t help being inferior to her mystical powers.

Nine hours later she’s back home, later than usual. We’re right at the door, our stomachs growling in protest. Naturally we can’t survive without her, we need her, and we thrive on her power. We’re at her mercy as she inspects the house. She scolds Anya for not starting her homework, rebukes little Kayla for forgetting her chores and can barely look at older sister Mara for getting in trouble at school, who was up until then cowering behind my tall back. But Mara forgot one important fact, there is no hiding from Mother. She sees all and knows all.

Like I said my mother can do magic.


**Is not a hundred percent true of course, I may have exaggerated just a incy winy little bit (:
September 1st, 2010 at 07:30pm