30 Days of Prompts: Day 1 - I aim to please, because it makes me happy to see others with a smile on their face.

Hey, Mibba.

I guess I'll start off with addressing how much things have changed for me - on this site, in particular. I started off writing as a lost eleven year old who didn't know much about anything. The world around me was a blur of knowledge that I had yet to obtain. My first story two years ago, on Quizilla, was a load of crap. However, I am confident that I have improved greatly in those two years. And I have Mibba to thank for that.

Reading the stories on this site and talking to some of most talented writes has changed me at such a rapid pace. I feel like a completely different person than that eleven year old girl I was less then twenty four months ago. I can hardly believe it myself.

When I look in the mirror, I no longer see a girl with a long list of insecurities. I see a young teen who is slowly discovering herself and the world around her. I see someone who still has miles to improve, but is approaching her goals at a satisfactory pace. I am happy with who I am.

Yes, there are still plenty of instances when I doubt myself. There are still those days when I hate everything and anything and I wonder why I have to think at all in the first place. Those are my bad days - the ones where I lose grasp of who I am and how fortunate I am to live a happy life. There are also days, though fewer, when I feel as if I can accomplish whatever I apply myself to.

I have a lot to do in my life. I have a lot of obstacles to overcome, and a lot of people to meet. I am aware of this, and sometimes I wonder... What would things have come to if I had done what I originally planned to do a few months ago? What if I hadn't turned my life around? I would not be here, simple as. And it would've have been the biggest mistake of my life. It would have been a huge waste.

And so I am glad that I'm here, and I hope to influence and change many people's lives for the better. A lot of the things I do are for other people, but that's okay, right? I want to make you happy. Right now, it's what I live for.
September 3rd, 2010 at 06:38am